Have you ever judged something too soon? Well, I did with this week’s song. However, what first turned me off to Matt Maher’s song, “All the People Said Amen”, now leads me to a section of Scripture I have long overlooked. That Scripture now makes this song one of my new favorites.
Will this week’s song and podcast episode inspire YOU to seek out the Truth of Scripture for yourself this week?
On this episode I discuss:
- An interview with Matt Maher by Hannah Goodwyn for CBN.com
- 1 Chronicles 10-16
- The back story of the Ark of the Covenant
- David’s song of praise in 1 Chronicles 16
- The meaning of the word, “amen”
- The Beatitudes in Matthew 5:1-12
- The Greek word for “blessed”
Subscribe to More Than a Song in iTunes or Stitcher Radio and never miss an episode! [button href=”https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/more-than-a-song/id829432908?mt=2″ primary=”false” centered=”false”]Subscribe in iTunes[/button][button href=”http://app.stitcher.com/browse/feed/45801/details” primary=”false” centered=”false”]Subscribe in Stitcher Radio[/button]
If you have never heard this song before, you can watch the performance video on YouTube below.
- Download the entire album or the single from Amazon – click below
This Week’s Challenge
Read 1 Chronicles 10-16 and/or focus in on chapter 16 and David’s song of praise that the people all said “amen” to. Read and meditate on the Beatitudes in Matthew chapter 5.