How many times have you worn a label that someone else gave you? Or maybe you’re trapped by a name you earned yourself through your actions or unfortunate circumstances. This week’s song, “Hello My Name Is” by Matthew West takes us straight to 1 John chapter 3 where we learn of the new name tag we should be wearing. This week’s podcast takes us straight to the book of Ruth where we meet a woman who changed her name from “pleasantness” to “bitter”, but we learn that God had bigger plans.
On this episode I discuss:
- The story behind on the song on Matthew West’s own website
- Naomi’s story in the Book of Ruth
- “As it turned out” times in life
- Names we assign to ourselves
- Names we allow others to assign us
- The great love the Father has lavished upon us – 1 John 3:1
- The name of “bad friend” that I have worn
Subscribe to More Than a Song in iTunes or Stitcher Radio and never miss an episode!
[button href=”https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/more-than-a-song/id829432908?mt=2″ primary=”false” centered=”false”]Subscribe in iTunes[/button][button href=”http://app.stitcher.com/browse/feed/45801/details” primary=”false” centered=”false”]Subscribe in Stitcher Radio[/button]
If you have never heard this song before, you can watch the official lyric video below.
- Download “Hello My Name is” by Matthew West on iTunes
- Complete a Bible Study on the Book of Ruth by A Touch of Pink Ministries
- Purchase the entire album by clicking the link below!
This Week’s Challenge
Read the Book of Ruth and spend some time considering the name tag you have allowed to “stick” and ask God to replace it with the truth that God has called us “children of God”.
Click Below to Listen Now!