Have you ever wrestled with doubt? This week’s song, My Lighthouse by Rend Collective and our Scripture references remind us that God is faithful while we wrestle through doubt, hard times, storms, sorrow and the rigors of life. It also reminds us that we can trust God’s promise that he will carry us and bring us safe to shore.
Jesus is the “light of the world” and we can run to him for refuge and rescue.
On this episode, I discuss:
- God in the Dark: The Assurance of Faith Beyond the Shadow of a Doubt by Os Guinness (full disclosure: I will make a small commission if you purchase the book using this link)
- The difference between doubt and unbelief
- Jesus as the light of the world – John 8:12 and other verses
- God as leading with a pillar of fire – Exodus 13:17-22
- A “Behind the Song” interview with Rend Collective – New Release Tuesday
- How we are the light of the world, too – Matthew 5:14-16
- God’s promise to carry us – Isaiah 46:3-4
Subscribe to More Than a Song in iTunes or Stitcher Radio and never miss an episode!
[button href=”https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/more-than-a-song/id829432908?mt=2″ primary=”false” centered=”false”]Subscribe in iTunes[/button][button href=”http://app.stitcher.com/browse/feed/45801/details” primary=”false” centered=”false”]Subscribe in Stitcher Radio[/button]
If you have never heard this song before, you can watch the official lyric video below.
- Download “My Lighthouse” by Rend Collective from iTunes
- Official music video
- Lighthouse Scripture Art
- Additional verses referenced in this episode:
This Week’s Challenge
- Meditate on Matthew 14 – our Scriptures from last week
- Search Scriptures that reference God as light
- Read Exodus 1-13 or beyond to understand God as a pillar of fire
- Read around the context around Isaiah 46 – perhaps chapter before, the chapter and the chapter after