Music and lyric have always played an important role in helping us to remember. Sometimes I remember where I was in 1980-something just by hearing a tune waft through the air in the grocery store. That’s powerful! The Israelites used a song in Exodus 15 declaring the wondrous acts and mighty power of their Deliverer to help them remember the details of that experience. We can use Matt Maher’s song, “Deliverer” to direct us to study that same place in God’s Word and then allow it to help us remember what we’ve learned!
There are some powerful lessons in the song and this area of Scripture. Dive in today!
On this episode I discuss:
- How quickly the Israelites freaked out after they left Egypt – Exodus 14:11-12
- Moses’ response – Exodus 14:13-14
- God’s response – Exodus 14:15-18
- A verse-by-verse break down of the Song of Deliverance in Exodus 15
- The importance of celebrating what God has done
- Where the resistance in our lives comes from
- Our enemy
- God Himself
- A quick peek at part of Psalm 66…another song that remembers that glorious day
Subscribe to More Than a Song in iTunes or Stitcher Radio and never miss an episode! [button href=”https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/more-than-a-song/id829432908?mt=2″ primary=”false” centered=”false”]Subscribe in iTunes[/button][button href=”http://app.stitcher.com/browse/feed/45801/details” primary=”false” centered=”false”]Subscribe in Stitcher Radio[/button]
If you have never heard this song before, you can watch the official lyric video on YouTube below.
Download the single or album by clicking the link below.