There is an eternal hope that we can look forward to. Our salvation begins when we become followers of Christ, but it is a forever kind of salvation. “From the Day” by I Am They is a song that celebrates this salvation, but also leads us to exciting descriptions of what our forever-salvation will look like.
I can’t wait to share with you what I found in Scripture this week!
On this episode I discuss:
- The story behind the song as told in an article by Kevin Davis on NewReleaseToday.com
- One of the key verses the band infused into the song – Isaiah 51:11
- When we accept the salvation our Redeemer Jesus Christ offers, we will enter the holy city crowned with everlasting joy
- Comparing Isaiah 51:6 to Revelation 21:1-4 and Isaiah 65:17-19 to see aspects of the new heaven, new earth and new Jerusalem
- Comparing our current state where death, sorrow, mourning and sadness prevail with our eternal promise of joy, happiness and delight and the ABSENCE of the former
- The promise of restoration like Eden of old in Isaiah 51:3 and the description of an Eden-like environment in Revelation 22:1-5
- God’s justice as a light to the nations in Isaiah 51:4 and God’s presence as the new source of light in Revelation 21:22-23
- How we can enjoy hanging out with God in His Word even if we never have any wonderful “aha” moments of application
Subscribe to More Than a Song in iTunes or Stitcher Radio and never miss an episode! [button href=”https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/more-than-a-song/id829432908?mt=2″ primary=”false” centered=”false”]Subscribe in iTunes[/button][button href=”http://app.stitcher.com/browse/feed/45801/details” primary=”false” centered=”false”]Subscribe in Stitcher Radio[/button]
If you have never heard this song before, you can watch the official music video on YouTube below.
Download the single or album by clicking the link below.