This week’s song, “Holy Spirit” as performed by Francesca Battistelli, gets me so excited! I can’t wait to talk about one of my most precious relationships…my relationship with the Holy Spirit. I have personally only begun to scratch the surface of Who He is and so I cherish every chance I get to dig in deeper.
The Holy Spirit is mysterious and powerful, yet revealing and intimate. Don’t you want to learn more about Him, too? Along with the podcast I’ve created a resource to help you dig into Scripture in a fresh way.
On this episode I discuss:
- A sweet memory that comes to mind when I hear this song
- Welcoming the Holy Spirit here (cue thumb pointing to your own chest)
- Why I don’t consider this a worship song
- A discussion about confession (as it relates to the ACTS pattern for prayer…see Episode 17 for more details)
- The difference between inviting the Holy Spirit over and declaring Him welcome
- Francis Chan’s book, “Forgotten God – Reversing Our Tragic Neglect of the Holy Spirit”
- Defining Who the Holy Spirit is
- Considering just a few aspects of the Holy Spirit in our lives
- We are born again through the Holy Spirit – John 3:5-8
- The Holy Spirit convicts us of sin – John 16:7-8
- The Holy Spirit sets us free from the sins we cannot get rid of on our own – Romans 8:1-2
- Through the power of the Holy Spirit we can overflow with confident hope – Romans 15:13
- Through the Holy Spirit we are empowered with inner strength – Ephesians 3:16-17
- The Holy Spirit prays for us – even pleads for us – in harmony with God’s own will – Romans 8:26-27
- The Holy Spirit gives us power to be God’s witnesses – Acts 1:8
- The Holy Spirit helps us speak and defend at just the right time – Luke 12:11-12
Subscribe to More Than a Song in iTunes or Stitcher Radio and never miss an episode! [button href=”https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/more-than-a-song/id829432908?mt=2″ primary=”false” centered=”false”]Subscribe in iTunes[/button][button href=”http://app.stitcher.com/browse/feed/45801/details” primary=”false” centered=”false”]Subscribe in Stitcher Radio[/button]
If you have never heard this song before, you can listen to the official audio version on YouTube below.
Download the single or complete album by clicking the link below.
This Week’s Challenge
Increase your understanding of the Holy Spirit by reading chunks of Scripture (in context) where there is teaching about the Holy Spirit. A good place to do this is in John chapters 14-16. However, instead of just reading this section of Scripture, interact with it by using an interaction tool I call, “Circle Up!” Circle every mention of the Holy Spirit in this section of Scripture and then answer the question, “What did I learn from circling this reference of the Holy Spirit?” This means you will have to pull out your study journal, or write in the wide margins of your Bible…but it WILL BE WORTH IT!