Sometimes we just need to stop in the struggle and just worship. While this week’s song might show up more in Sunday Morning Praise than on the weekly radio playlist, it is full of inspiration to jump into Scripture. Join me as I take “You Are Holy (Prince of Peace)” by Michael W. Smith and jump into God’s Word this week.
I’ll give you a “behind the scenes” look at how I develop each podcast episode!
On this episode I discuss:
- Being inspired by the kids at Christian Youth Theater
- My secret weapon in finding Scripture…Google
- In seeking to find Scripture about God being holy, I couldn’t hide from His call that I be holy as well – 1 Peter 1:16
- The power of the cross reference and how it led me to Leviticus 11:44
- The interlinear tool in BibleHub.com and how it led to Strong’s #6918
- Following the same process for “mighty” and how it led to Zephaniah 3:17
- Following the same process for “worthy” and how it led to Revelation 4:11
- The A.C.T.S. structure for prayer
- My daughter’s podcast, “More Than a Name”
Subscribe to More Than a Song in iTunes or Stitcher Radio and never miss an episode! [button href=”https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/more-than-a-song/id829432908?mt=2″ primary=”false” centered=”false”]Subscribe in iTunes[/button][button href=”http://app.stitcher.com/browse/feed/45801/details” primary=”false” centered=”false”]Subscribe in Stitcher Radio[/button]
If you have never heard this song before, you can watch a live performance by Michael W. Smith on YouTube below.
Download the single or the entire album by clicking the links below
This Week’s Challenge
Pick a name of God and follow the same pattern I have discussed on today’s episode. Go to BibleHub.com and search for that name of God. Choose a verse to explore. Read it in the parallel verses screen where you can read it in a variety of translations. Read it in context…read the verses/chapters around it. Hunt down some cross references, explore the interlinear function, and experience some “aha” moments for yourself.