How many times will you walk by a nativity scene this Christmas season? Are you like me? Have you become numb to the REAL story behind the figurines? This week’s song, “Real” by Nichole Nordeman, reminds us of the REAL people in this familiar scene.
I hope this song will not only inspire you to take a closer look at Scripture, but I hope it will give you a tool that you can use EVERY TIME you read the stories of Biblical characters.
On this week’s episode I discuss:
- The tool of remembering that Biblical characters are REAL
- Al Andrews short story, “Real – A Christmas Story”
- Luke 2:1-7
- What Mary may have experienced and felt
- Luke 1:28-38
- A closer look at Luke 2:7
- What we can do to ensure Biblical characters stay “real” to us
- Read the details that are really there
- Do a little research
- Take time to imagine how you would feel in their situation and overlay that with historical details the character may have had to endure
Subscribe to More Than a Song in iTunes or Stitcher Radio and never miss an episode! [button href=”https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/more-than-a-song/id829432908?mt=2″ primary=”false” centered=”false”]Subscribe in iTunes[/button][button href=”http://app.stitcher.com/browse/feed/45801/details” primary=”false” centered=”false”]Subscribe in Stitcher Radio[/button]
If you have never heard this song before, you can watch the lyric video on YouTube below.
Download the single from Amazon – click below
- Story behind how the song came to be
- Article from ChristianAnswers.net on Myths About Christmas
- Article from CatholicIreland.net on the details of the journey shown in the Christmas story
This Week’s Challenge
Click Below to Listen to the Podcast Now!