There is a magical and terrifying place described in Scripture. It is the throne room of heaven where fantastical creatures proclaim the holiness of God, and crowned elders fall at His feet in worship. Influence Music’s song “Glory, Honor, Power” brings us through the door of heaven with Jesus and John. May we leave changed.
Let’s take an unforgettable trip to the throne room of God in Revelation 4.
In this episode, I discuss:
- Taking a B.I.T.E. out of Scripture – this week’s Bible Interaction Tool Exercises include:
- Listen to epic music while reading/studying Scripture
- Meditate on Scripture
- Slow down
- Use your imagination
- Consult an outside resource
- Consider the opposite
- The 30 Day Music Challenge
- Another episode where we discuss Revelation 4 – Episode 369
- Imagining each detail of the throne room
- What jasper and carnelian look like as mentioned in Revelation 4:3
- A quick reference to the 5 heavenly crowns mentioned in the New Testament – GotQuestions.org Article
- What the “seven torches which are the seven spirits of God” might mean – GotQuestions.org Article
- How the only reason we exist is because it was God’s will to create us
- Considering the opposite of glory, honor, and power
- Looking at the word picture of the potter and the clay in Jeremiah 18:1-12
- Recognizing that we could never adore a God that isn’t worthy of all glory, honor, and power
Enjoy the official music video below.
More Than a Song Playlist
This Week’s Challenge
Spend some time in Revelation chapter 4. Go slow. Imagine the scene. It is a dramatic scene, so I don’t think you can “overdo it” in your conceptualization. Once you really have the throne room and what is going on there firmly in your mind, ask God to reveal how that should change the way you think.