Have all the songs been sung? Is there anything of value high enough to raise another song? YES! Casting Crowns, in their song “One More Song for You,” reminds us that our God is worthy of a lifetime of songs sung to glorify Him.
Even though every Psalm is a song, let’s explore Psalm 104 this week and let it lead us to awe and one more song for Creator God.
On this week’s episode I discuss:
- Taking a B.I.T.E. out of Scripture – this week’s Bible Interaction Tool Exercises include:
- Get up early to read your Bible
- Mark up the text
- Write in your Bible
- Make a list
- Studying a smaller chunk of Scripture like a Psalm
- Trying to find a time of day to dedicate energy to studying the Bible
- Marking up our focus text of Psalm 104 to find a list of God’s attributes
- Studying the psalm, remembering the genre, and enjoying the artistry of the writing (instead of being frustrated by it)
- Allowing what the psalmist describes about Creator God to lead us to awe and worship – Psalm 104:1-4
- Pondering creation and the flood – Psalm 104:5-9, Genesis 1:1, Genesis 9:11
- Why I think this is the “Mutual of Omaha’s Wild Kingdom” of Psalms – Psalm 104:10-13
- A description of things in life that “gladden the heart of man” (and a reminder that they come from the Lord) – Psalm 104:14-15
- A challenge to look up images or videos of things described in the Psalm with the express goal of sitting in awe and wonder – Psalm 104: 16-18
- Allowing our meditations to be pleasing to God – Psalm 104:31-35
Check out the official music video on YouTube below.
More Than a Song Playlist
Follow the More Than a Song 2020 playlist in Spotify…new songs added each week!
- Lyrics and Chords – GuitarTabsExplorer.com
- The heart behind the song “One More Song for You” by Casting Crowns – YouTube Video
This Week’s Challenge
Spend some time in Psalm 104 this week. One thing we didn’t get to on this episode is to highlight the verbs or action words that describe how God acts. What aspects of God’s actions can lead you to wonder and praise this week? Identify parts of creation that strike you as magnificent and review images or videos and allow them to lead you to give praise to Creator God.