There is so much new about a new year. We make new goals and resolutions, and this year we’re even embarking on a new decade! While a new year brings a fresh slate of days to try new things, let’s make sure we’re making progress toward the true prize of our calling. Building 429’s song “Press On” inspired me to consider the difference between starting over and pressing on.
Join me in a letter from Paul to the Philippians to see what we can learn.
On this week’s episode I discuss:
- Taking a B.I.T.E. out of Scripture – this week’s Bible Interaction Tool Exercises include:
- Reading in Context
- Use section headings to get your bearings
- Pondering the contrast between pressing on vs. starting over
- “Forgetting the past” doesn’t mean we should keep starting over – Philippians 3:12-14
- Getting in the habit of reading the entire letter (especially the shorter epistles) before focusing in on section
- Getting perspective as we gear up to press on – Philippians 3:1-4
- The very background that is worthless toward salvation and is garbage compared to Christ, God uses to build His kingdom – Philippians 3:5-11
- Keeping our eyes fixed on our heavenly calling as we PRESS ON
Check out the official music video on YouTube below.
More Than a Song Playlist
Follow the More Than a Song 2019 playlist in Spotify…new songs added each week!
This Week’s Challenge
Read the entire letter to the Philippians at least once before you zero in on chapter 3. Consider the difference between starting over and pressing on. Pray and ask God if you need to rearrange your goals based on turning your gaze toward your heavenly calling.