We celebrate the arrival of Jesus Christ as a baby at Christmas. However, He’s slated to arrive again. I wonder if there is anything we can learn from those who eagerly expected Christ’s arrival the first time? Anna Miriam Brown’s song “Arrive” inspired me to explore this question and more.
I can’t wait to introduce you to Simeon in the pages of Luke’s account.
On this week’s episode I discuss:
- Taking a B.I.T.E. out of Scripture – this week’s Bible Interaction Tool Exercises include:
- Write down your observations
- Explore a topic
- Remember the people described in Scripture were real
- Follow the cross reference
- Make a list
- The musical this song comes from – HisStoryTheMusical.com
- The story behind His Story The Musical – YouTube Video
- The details of the week after Christ’s arrival as a baby in the hay – Luke 2:21-24
- Following the cross-reference to what the law requires – Leviticus 12
- Meeting Simeon – Luke 2:28-35
- The arrival of Jesus Christ was the culmination of God’s great plan since before the foundation of the world – Galatians 4:4
- Making a list of the qualities displayed in Simeon
- eagerly waiting for the Messiah to come and rescue Israel
- the Holy Spirit was upon him
- the Holy Spirit revealed things to him
- he followed the leading of the Holy Spirit
- As we await the second arrival of Christ may we display these characteristics as well
Check out the official studio video on YouTube below.
More Than a Song Playlist
Follow the More Than a Song 2019 playlist in Spotify…new songs added each week!
This Week’s Challenge
Read Matthew 1 and 2 and Luke 1 and 2 again this week. Keep your eye out for the details of the arrival. Slow down and consider Simeon who was forever recorded in history for us to know. The details of who he was were important enough for God to ensure they were included in Scripture, and we can learn so much from him as we eagerly await the arrival of Christ the second time.