It’s time. It’s time to get a little excited about how great God really is. Strike up the band (or at least Newsboys United’s song “Greatness of Our God”) and turn to Psalm 150, because it’s time to acknowledge the greatness of our God.
Do you keep a record of the mighty works of God?
On this episode I discuss:
- Taking a B.I.T.E. out of Scripture – this week’s Bible Interaction Tool Exercises include:
- Read in context
- Make observations (and write them down)
- Slow down
- Follow the cross references
- Relishing songs that point us to God first (rather than self)
- Searching for “greatness” in Scripture using online tools – BibleHub.com
- Reading all of Psalm 150 and making observations
- Recognizing the categories detailed in Psalm 150
- WHERE to praise God
- WHAT to praise Him FOR
- WHAT to praise Him WITH
- WHO should praise God
- Psalm 150 in The Voice translation – BibleGateway.com
- A reminder of the wonderful study in Psalm 148 on Episode 244 – the perfect partner to this episode
Subscribe to/Follow More Than a Song and never miss an episode!
If you have never heard this song before, you can watch the official lyric video on YouTube below.
Follow the More Than a Song 2019 playlist in Spotify…new songs added each week!
This Week’s Challenge
Spend some time in Psalm 150 this week. You may be tempted to read it once and move on, but I really want you to spend some time there. Write out your own list of mighty works of God. Focus on the greatness of our God. Consider the who, what, and where of praising God we find in this psalm. And by all means, spend some time praising the Lord this week.