God specializes in bringing dead things back to life. From the first pages of Genesis when man walked into death through mistrust and disobedience God mapped out the plan to defeat death forever. Elevation Worship’s song “Resurrecting” celebrates the resurrecting power of our resurrected Savior.
Let’s explore what Scripture has to say about what it looks like to come back from the dead.
On this episode I discuss:
- Taking a B.I.T.E. out of Scripture – this week’s Bible Interaction Tool Exercises include:
- Read and keep on reading
- Ask Questions
- Make Observations
- Study with a Friend
- Reading your Bible is non-negotiable. There. You’ve been told.
- You can do this. BITEs can help.
- There will always be those we can learn from, but starting with the base of what Scripture says is our job first
- Making some observations in Colossians 2:13
- Zooming out to read the context of Colossians 2
- Two metaphors — buried with Christ and spiritual circumcision – Colossians 2:11 and Colossians 2:12
- The now and the not yet – the spiritual life (our real life) and the physical life and when those will sync up
Subscribe to/Follow More Than a Song and never miss an episode!
If you have never heard this song before, you can watch the official music video on YouTube below.
Follow the More Than a Song 2019 playlist in Spotify…new songs added each week!
- Lyrics and chords for “Resurrecting” by Elevation Worship – Essential Worship
- Mark’s Story – “Resurrecting” by Elevation Worship – YouTube Video
This Week’s Challenge
Read all of Paul’s letter to the Colossians (it’s only 4 chapters). Make some observations, read it with a friend, compile a couple of lists. Take note of life and death…it’s interwoven throughout this letter. Then every time you listen to this week’s song you can be reminded of your time in God’s Word.