We’re building a life. With every choice we make, every word we say, every thought, and every act we are building a life. That leads to the question, “What foundation are we building our lives on?” Pat Barrett’s song “Build My Life” is a declaration of building a life on a firm foundation. That foundation is revealed in Scripture.
Join me as we see what Jesus has to say about our building practices in Matthew 7.
On this episode I discuss:
- Taking a B.I.T.E. out of Scripture – this week’s Bible Interaction Tool Exercises include:
- Compare and contrast
- Mark in your Bible
- The story behind the song “Build My Life” by Pat Barrett – YouTube Video
- Our focus area of Scripture inspired by the bridge of our song – Matthew 7:24-27
- Reading and studying the entire Sermon on the Mount in context – Matthew 5-7
- Jesus’ teaching methods – “The Method and Message of Jesus’ Teaching” by Robert Stein
- Comparing and contrasting the wise man and the foolish man
- How the rains fall, the torrents rage, and the winds blow and beat against the house of BOTH men
- Observing the results after the storm
- Seeking to understand what makes a man wise vs. foolish
- Marking the verb statements instructing us specifically in this sermon of Jesus
- Taking a hard look at whether or not we are DOING what the Word of God says to DO
Subscribe to/Follow More Than a Song and never miss an episode!
If you have never heard this song before, you can watch the official lyric video on YouTube below.
Follow the More Than a Song 2019 playlist in Spotify…new songs added each week!
This Week’s Challenge
Read the entire Sermon on the Mount in Matthew chapters 5-7. Take some time pondering and observing what you read in Matthew 7:24-27. Break it down and really HEAR what it is saying. Compare and contrast the wise man and foolish man. Then mark the verb statements in your Bible in this sermon of Jesus. What is it that He wants us to do? Truly take stock as to whether or not you are building your life on a firm foundation of obedience to God’s Word.