Exaggerated claims abound these days. You can’t turn on the news for a few minutes without hearing overstatements on all sides…and don’t get me started about “teenager-speak.” Crowder in his song, “All My Hope,” asks us to sing along with quite a claim…the claim that ALL our hope is in Jesus. This week we explore whether or not we place ALL our hope in Jesus. We also consider just what kind of hope we’ve been given.
You will be encouraged and challenged as we consider our living hope and where it asks us to fix our eyes.
On this episode I discuss:
- Taking a B.I.T.E. out of Scripture – this week’s Bible Interaction Tool Exercises include:
- Consider the opposite
- Read in context
- Ask Questions
- Complete a word study
- Pondering what we put our hope in other than Jesus
- Discovering our hope is living in 1 Peter 1:3
- How we tend to jump straight to application without developing our ability to observe and interpret Scripture properly first
- The word study for “hope” – BibleHub.com
- An uncomfortable perspective – 1 Peter 1:6-7
- The joy that comes from our living hope – 1 Peter 1:8-9
- The perspective of the prophets who could see the salvation that was ultimately for US – 1 Peter 1:10-12
- Another song that warns of putting our hope (faith) in the wrong things and reminds us to hope (place our expectation) in the Lord – Psalm 146
Subscribe to More Than a Song in iTunes or Stitcher Radio and never miss an episode! [button href=”https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/more-than-a-song/id829432908?mt=2″ primary=”false” centered=”false”]Subscribe in iTunes[/button][button href=”http://app.stitcher.com/browse/feed/45801/details” primary=”false” centered=”false”]Subscribe in Stitcher Radio[/button]
If you have never heard this song before, you can watch to the official music video on YouTube below.
- Download the single or album
- Lyrics and chords for “All My Hope” by Crowder – Worship Together
- Story behind the song “All My Hope” by Crowder – FreeCCM Article and Video