It is difficult to worship God in an appropriate and authentic way when you think you are just like Him. Hollyn’s song, “In Awe,” leads us all over God’s Word to discover truth. It is here we begin to see God clearer, and thus put ourselves “in our place” so-to-speak.
The Psalms teach us, “The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom.” I want wisdom, don’t you?
On this episode I discuss:
- Taking a B.I.T.E. out of Scripture – this week’s Bible Interaction Tool Exercises include:
- God’s way of respect for God and others – Hebrews 12:14
- God is self-sufficient – Acts 17:24-25
- We don’t worship God in awe because we believe the age-old lie that we can be just like Him
- The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom – Psalm 111:10
- The contrast between Mount Sinai and Mount Zion – Hebrews 12:18-24
- Exploring Mount Sinai – Exodus 19 and 20
- Exploring Mount Zion – Psalm 2 and Psalm 110
- Once we grasp the difference between the old and new covenants, what is our response? – Hebrews 12:25
- A picture of those who “refused him who is speaking” – Jeremiah 5:20-25
- God’s AWEsomeness should lead us to repentance
Subscribe to More Than a Song in iTunes or Stitcher Radio and never miss an episode! [button href=”https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/more-than-a-song/id829432908?mt=2″ primary=”false” centered=”false”]Subscribe in iTunes[/button][button href=”http://app.stitcher.com/browse/feed/45801/details” primary=”false” centered=”false”]Subscribe in Stitcher Radio[/button]
If you have never heard this song before, you can listen to the official audio on YouTube below.
- Download the single or entire album
- Lyrics and chords for “In Awe” by Hollyn – Ultimate Guitar
- Story behind the song “In Awe” by Hollyn – Facebook Post