“Get dressed,” I tell my youngest. “Where are your shoes? Do you have your jacket?” And so the conversation goes. I have a feeling God is asking me, “Where are your shoes? I told you to put on the WHOLE armor! Your helmet! Don’t forget your helmet!” This week’s song “Warrior” by Hannah Kerr reminds us that we are in a battle and need to be dressed appropriately.
Let’s take a moment and review what God’s Word says about our battle gear.
On this episode I discuss:
- Taking a B.I.T.E. out of Scripture – this week’s Bible Interaction Tool Exercises include:
- Read the envelope
- Use outside resources (like your study Bible)
- Read and keep on reading – this is a letter…read it all the way through
- Read in various translations
- Battles are raging around us and we need to stand up ready for war – Ephesians 6:13
- My new friend Colleen Searcy and her Bible teaching – check out her website and resources
- The repetition of heavenly places in the book of Ephesians – Got Questions Article
- The main text that discusses the armor of God – Ephesians 6:10-20
- Taking each part of the armor and discussing it piece by piece
Subscribe/Follow More Than a Song and never miss an episode! [button href=”https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/more-than-a-song/id829432908?mt=2″ primary=”false” centered=”false”]Subscribe in iTunes[/button][button href=”http://app.stitcher.com/browse/feed/45801/details” primary=”false” centered=”false”]Subscribe in Stitcher Radio[/button][button href=”https://open.spotify.com/show/0gkDArs6fXJuKKjOXwtVtg” primary=”false” centered=”false” newwindow=”false”]Follow in Spotify[/button]
If you have never heard this song before, you can watch the official lyric video on YouTube below.