It took some raw (and sometimes ugly) probing into my heart this week, but conceding to my own imperfections may just help me pray for my “work in progress” friends. Mandisa’s song “Unfinished” inspired me to seek out how Paul prayed for his friends in Philippi.
I think you’ll find the truths we delve into this week will encourage and challenge you.
On this episode I discuss:
- Taking a B.I.T.E. out of Scripture – this week’s Bible Interaction Tool Exercises include:
- Slow down
- Explore a variety of translations
- Journal your conversation with God
- Four verses FULL of great stuff – Philippians 1:3-6
- The pattern of Paul to thank God every time his friends come to his mind
- My husband’s pattern with practical ideas to pray for your friends
- Presenting our requests for our friends with joy…ALL of our friends…even the hard ones
- Recognizing that our friends are just as unfinished as we are
- Using the power of “journaling the crazy out”
- Glimpsing our own unfinished reflection as we hold up the mirror of Truth
- How perfecting takes time
- The truth that God brings His purposes to completion in us – Psalm 57:2 AMP
Subscribe to More Than a Song in iTunes or Stitcher Radio and never miss an episode! [button href=”https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/more-than-a-song/id829432908?mt=2″ primary=”false” centered=”false”]Subscribe in iTunes[/button][button href=”http://app.stitcher.com/browse/feed/45801/details” primary=”false” centered=”false”]Subscribe in Stitcher Radio[/button]
If you have never heard this song before, you can watch the official lyric video on YouTube below.
Download the single by clicking the link below.