When a song like “Alive In Me” by JJ Weeks Band can so clearly list out truths found in God’s Word, I can’t help but be inspired to jump right in. When you take the time to dwell in the same places the songwriters did, the meaning gets deeper, the lyrics seem richer and the Truth invades your memory.
Join me as I use this week’s song to “prove” the truth of the lyrics through Scripture. And this truth is supremely powerful…the Spirit of God is alive in those who follow Christ as their Savior.
- How the opening lyric leads me to 2 Corinthians 4:8
- Why we can overcome based on 2 Corinthians 4:7
- How God’s Word can be confusing at times
- Taking a B.I.T.E. out of Scripture – our Bible Interaction Tool Exercises this week are:
- Skip over what you don’t understand and zero in on the parts you do (for now)
- Get inspired by something (a devotion, a song, a sermon, etc.) and use it to dig into God’s Word
- How to use the lyrics in this week’s song to find the Truths in Scripture
- “The Light that pierced the dark” – John 1:1-5 & 2 Corinthians 4:6
- “The Word that stilled the sea” – Matthew 8:23-27
- “The Spirit that tore the veil” – Matthew 27:51 & 2 Corinthians 3:13-16
- “The Power that healed our hearts” – Psalm 147:3
- “The Love that set us free” – 2 Corinthians 3:17
- “The Spirit that conquered death” – Romans 8:11
Subscribe to More Than a Song in iTunes or Stitcher Radio and never miss an episode! [button href=”https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/more-than-a-song/id829432908?mt=2″ primary=”false” centered=”false”]Subscribe in iTunes[/button][button href=”http://app.stitcher.com/browse/feed/45801/details” primary=”false” centered=”false”]Subscribe in Stitcher Radio[/button]
If you have never heard this song before, you can watch the official lyric video on YouTube below.
Download the single or the album by clicking the link below.