There are many times when I am cemented by the enormity of the obstacles in front of me. I am terrified, or overwhelmed, or saddened or any other host of immobilizing emotions. This is why I enjoy the song, “Move (Keep Walkin’)” by TobyMac. I use the song to deploy us to 2 Timothy, where we can get “unstuck” by simply following Paul’s advice to Timothy.
It may be simple, but it will be challenging. I hope you accept the assignment.
- Setting goals using strong verbs
- Taking a B.I.T.E. out of Scripture – Bible Interaction Tool Exercises this week…
- Reading in context
- Making lists
- Making a list of strong verbs found in 2 Timothy
- Training your mind to be curious and ask questions while you’re reading or listening to teaching
- The strong verb, “share.” Share what? – 2 Timothy 1:8
- The strong verb, “follow.” Follow what? – 2 Timothy 1:13
- How I was inspired by the lyric “soldier keep movin’ on” that led me to 2 Timothy 2:3-4
- Soldiers endure great challenges and suffering to please their commanding officer. How much more will we as soldiers of Christ?
- Avoid getting entangled in civilian pursuits – 2 Timothy 2:4
Subscribe to More Than a Song in iTunes or Stitcher Radio and never miss an episode! [button href=”https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/more-than-a-song/id829432908?mt=2″ primary=”false” centered=”false”]Subscribe in iTunes[/button][button href=”http://app.stitcher.com/browse/feed/45801/details” primary=”false” centered=”false”]Subscribe in Stitcher Radio[/button]
If you have never heard this song before, you can watch the official lyric video on YouTube below.
Download the single or the album by clicking the link below.