Some troubles God uses to help us grow and develop endurance. There are obstacles in our lives, however, that we need to overcome…not just endure. Be sure that the message of Mandisa’s song Overcomer is one that you can truly proclaim. In 1 John 5, John asks who can overcome the world. I want to sing along with Mandisa on your behalf…”you’re an OVERCOMER!”
What the Scripture says about overcoming is the topic of this episode of More Than a Song.
On this episode I discuss:
- I John 5:5
- The author of I John
- The Greek word for “world”
- Obstacles and temptations that incentivize us to sin and how we overcome them
- How we show God contempt
- How to be sure we are a believer in Jesus Christ to know we can claim the promise that we are overcomers
If you have never heard the song before, you can watch the official lyric video below.
Additional Links and Resources
- Download “Overcomer” from iTunes
- Official Music Video for Overcomer
- Story behind “Overcomer” – video featuring Mandisa
- Authorship of 1 John by W. Hall Harris III
- Word study for “world”
- Word study for “believe”
- Additional verses referenced in the episode:
Question. Please comment below.
What obstacles does this world present that you need to overcome?