The fact that Jesus is alive and His Spirit lives within us cannot be taken for granted. The Newsboy’s anthem, “God’s Not Dead” sets us up for a wonderful discussion of Christ’s resurrection and what that means for believers today.
You will not regret spending time in the gospel of John this week as you ponder the “red letters” of His last words to His disciples and to us.
On this episode I discuss:
- How the question of God’s death even came about
- The time when the angel sat on the stone and announced that Jesus was alive
- The importance of Jesus appearing to His disciples after His resurrection
- What it means to have Christ and the Holy Spirit within us
- Where in Scripture God is described as “roaring like a lion”
- Challenge to spending time in the Gospel of John this week
Subscribe to More Than a Song in iTunes or Stitcher Radio and never miss an episode!
[button href=”https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/more-than-a-song/id829432908?mt=2″ primary=”false” centered=”false”]Subscribe in iTunes[/button][button href=”http://app.stitcher.com/browse/feed/45801/details” primary=”false” centered=”false”]Subscribe in Stitcher Radio[/button]
If you have never heard this song before, you can watch the official lyric video below.
Additional verses referenced in this episode:
- Matthew 28:2-7
- Acts 1:3
- I Corinthians 15:1-8
- John 14:19
- John 16:7
- I Corinthians 6:19-20
- Galatians 5:22-23
- Romans 8:11
- Hosea 11:1-11
- John 14
- John 17:20
- John 20:30-31
This Week’s Challenge
At least read and meditate on John chapter 14. Better yet, start in chapter 13 and read through chapter 20.