It is the time of year when the crystal ball drops and the calendar is changed. This is definitely a season where we stop and reflect and consider what the new year will bring. JJ Heller’s song, “This Year (Happy New Year)” is a terrific song to help us leap into the new year while we internalize a cry from Hosea and a dramatic ending of a season in David’s life in 2 Samuel 12.
We can learn from David as he journey’s through a difficult season.
On this episode I discuss:
- My cry to all of us for the new year – Hosea 6:1, 3
- My commitment to my third Bible Read Through…join me by signing up at KeithFerrin.com!
- The Bible Interaction Tool of reading in unfamiliar translations…I like The Voice Translation this year!
- Seasons that you don’t know have ended until they’re gone
- Seasons you can see coming to an end
- A preview of some of the seasons in David’s life – 2 Samuel
- A tragic season in David’s life and how he walked it out – 2 Samuel 12:15-23
- David’s fanatical plea to God calling for His grace, mercy and intervention
- The difference between living WITH regret and living IN regret
- Seeing what is on the other side of this tragic season – 2 Samuel 12:24-25
Subscribe to More Than a Song in iTunes or Stitcher Radio and never miss an episode! Subscribe in iTunesSubscribe in Stitcher Radio
If you have never heard this song before, you can watch the live version on YouTube below.
Download the single or album by clicking the link below.
- JJ Heller Music Website with links to songs and lyrics
- Story Behind the Song by JJ Heller – YouTube Video