It is the time of year when the crystal ball drops and the calendar is changed. This is definitely a season where we stop and reflect and consider what the new year will bring. JJ Heller’s song, “This Year (Happy New Year)” is a terrific song to help us leap into the new year while we internalize a cry from Hosea and a dramatic ending of a season in David’s life in 2 Samuel 12.
We can learn from David as he journey’s through a difficult season.
On this episode I discuss:
- My cry to all of us for the new year – Hosea 6:1, 3
- My commitment to my third Bible Read Through…join me by signing up at KeithFerrin.com!
- The Bible Interaction Tool of reading in unfamiliar translations…I like The Voice Translation this year!
- Seasons that you don’t know have ended until they’re gone
- Seasons you can see coming to an end
- A preview of some of the seasons in David’s life – 2 Samuel
- A tragic season in David’s life and how he walked it out – 2 Samuel 12:15-23
- David’s fanatical plea to God calling for His grace, mercy and intervention
- The difference between living WITH regret and living IN regret
- Seeing what is on the other side of this tragic season – 2 Samuel 12:24-25
Subscribe to More Than a Song in iTunes or Stitcher Radio and never miss an episode! [button href=”https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/more-than-a-song/id829432908?mt=2″ primary=”false” centered=”false”]Subscribe in iTunes[/button][button href=”http://app.stitcher.com/browse/feed/45801/details” primary=”false” centered=”false”]Subscribe in Stitcher Radio[/button]
If you have never heard this song before, you can watch the live version on YouTube below.
Download the single or album by clicking the link below.
- JJ Heller Music Website with links to songs and lyrics
- Story Behind the Song by JJ Heller – YouTube Video