Think about the person you love the deepest. Are you picturing that person in your mind? Now think of the top 3 qualities you love about that person. What a great exercise to put into words why our feelings are so strong. A better exercise is to turn around and tell that person the top 3 qualities you thought of! This week’s song, “Good Good Father” by Chris Tomlin led me to consider why I think of God as my good, good Father.
This song also leads us to Scripture to add more qualities to our own mental lists.
On this episode I discuss:
- My story and why I consider God my good, good Father
- The exercise I went through to describe God’s qualities most precious to me
- My list of God’s characteristics and what they mean to me
- How the song led me to this week’s memory verse – Psalm 18:30
- Considering God’s perfect ways, His trustworthiness and His protection
- Adding characteristics to my list from Psalm 18
Subscribe to More Than a Song in iTunes or Stitcher Radio and never miss an episode! [button href=”https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/more-than-a-song/id829432908?mt=2″ primary=”false” centered=”false”]Subscribe in iTunes[/button][button href=”http://app.stitcher.com/browse/feed/45801/details” primary=”false” centered=”false”]Subscribe in Stitcher Radio[/button]
If you have never heard this song before, you can hear the official audio version on YouTube below.
Download the single by clicking the link below.