Are you setting yourself up to experience God on a regular basis with other believers? This is what I got out of exploring a brief story in Acts 16 this week, inspired by the song “The River” by Jordan Feliz.
Like Lydia, down by the river in Acts 16, I pray that you will have an open heart to the life-changing truth of God’s Word.
On this episode I discuss:
- Some of the places in Scripture we could explore as it relates to “river”
- John 7 mentions rivers of living water flowing from within believers (this was the inspiration for Jordan Feliz, by the way)
- Psalm 46 speaks of a river whose streams make glad the city of God
- Revelation 22 talks about a river of water of life flowing from the throne of God
- Why I was drawn to Acts 16
- Background of Acts 16 and the city of Philippi
- The story of Lydia and what we can learn from her
- She made it her practice to gather with other believers
- She had an open heart to the truth of God’s Word and the gospel message
- She invited other believers to “do life” with her
Subscribe to More Than a Song in iTunes or Stitcher Radio and never miss an episode! [button href=”https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/more-than-a-song/id829432908?mt=2″ primary=”false” centered=”false”]Subscribe in iTunes[/button][button href=”http://app.stitcher.com/browse/feed/45801/details” primary=”false” centered=”false”]Subscribe in Stitcher Radio[/button]
If you have never heard this song before, you can watch the official lyric video on YouTube below.
Download the single or album by clicking the link below.