Our stories mirror the stories of old. So the words that brought comfort and direction to their lives can help us as we take each step of our own. “The Words I Would Say” by Sidewalk Prophets renders a tremendous amount of truth just in the chorus. Some of the very words spoken by God Himself to Joshua.
Join me as we consider Joshua’s experiences and how they may mirror our own. More importantly, what did God say to Joshua that we can learn from today?
On this episode I discuss:
- The story of the daughter of a friend that could have been my own…could have been yours, too
- The elements of story that affects us and Joshua in the Old Testament
- Identity development
- Failure of authority figures
- Failure of friends
- Faithful Guide
- Meeting Joshua in transition – Joshua 1:1-9
- The first mention of Joshua – Exodus 17:8-15
- The Bible interaction tool of referential representation – picturing in your mind what you are reading
- Seeing the disappointing actions of Aaron, an authority figure Joshua would have trusted and loved – Exodus 32
- Joshua’s epic friend failure in Numbers 13-14
- The advice of Joshua’s Faithful Guide – Joshua 1:7-9
Subscribe to More Than a Song in iTunes or Stitcher Radio and never miss an episode! Subscribe in iTunesSubscribe in Stitcher Radio
If you have never heard this song before, you can watch the official lyric video on YouTube below.
Download the single or album by clicking the link below.