Flashy sells. I get that. But consider a flash…it is a bright light that lasts for a moment. This week’s song, “Glow in the Dark” by Jason Gray sings about shining right where we are. Paul, in his letter to the Philippians, gives us some practical ways to do that over time…not just in bursts.
Use this week’s song to inspire you to read Philippians. I know this world is a dark place, but we’re in this struggle together and God’s Word has the power to change us from the inside out.
On this episode I discuss:
- My process to write each podcast, which is what keeps me in God’s Word each week
- The power of sharing what God is teaching you with others
- The verse in Philippians that inspired some of the lyrics in “Glow in the Dark” by Jason Gray – Philippians 2:15
- The value of vast amounts of resources that can assist us in our walk with Christ
- The warning that comes with the vast amounts of resources designed to assist us in our walk with Christ that can actually lure us away from reading God’s Word for ourselves
- Matt Chandler’s book “To Live is Christ to Die is Gain” as an additional resource in the study of Philippians
- The power of interacting with God’s Word vs. just reading God’s Word
- The idea that when you open the door to a dark room, darkness never floods the room filled with light
- The story behind the song – NewReleaseToday.com article
- The truth that we are in this struggle together – Philippians 1:29
- Focusing on the things we can control not on the people and circumstances we can’t
- The conduct required of us as citizens of heaven – Philippians 1:27
- The list of do’s and don’ts in Philippians 2
- How overwhelming this simple list is, but the promise God offers – Philippians 2:13
- Holding firmly to the Word of Life vs. holding firmly to our own ideas or positions
Subscribe to More Than a Song in iTunes or Stitcher Radio and never miss an episode! [button href=”https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/more-than-a-song/id829432908?mt=2″ primary=”false” centered=”false”]Subscribe in iTunes[/button][button href=”http://app.stitcher.com/browse/feed/45801/details” primary=”false” centered=”false”]Subscribe in Stitcher Radio[/button]
If you have never heard this song before, you can listen to the official audio version on YouTube below.
Download the single or album by clicking the link below.