Right or wrong, I look at the world around me as if everyone sees it just as I do. I assume people know what I know. I expect people to react like I react…even God. This week’s song, “Grace Wins” by Matthew West directly touches on how we assign character to God that does not belong to Him. The song also points us back to Scripture where we can see for ourselves the true characteristics of God.
I am constantly needing a reminder from God’s Word of Who He really is, lest I begin to paint pictures of my Father that distort His true character.
On this episode I discuss:
- Assigning character to God that is NOT His
- Viewing God the way we respond vs. through the lens of the truth of Scripture
- The enemy’s purpose is to deceive and to keep you from God’s truth
- The parable of the prodigal son in Luke 15
- I look at this same story from a different angle in Episode 61
- Lost people are not a lost cause to God
- The story of the woman at the well in John 4
- God is willing to meet us even as we are trying to hide from Him and others
- The story of the blind beggar in Luke 18
- God engages us in the midst of our circumstances and asks us what we want
- The story of the thief on the cross in Luke 23
- God doesn’t see a “point of no return” in our lives
- Not only considering the characteristics of God, but examining the responses of the other humans in the stories
Subscribe to More Than a Song in iTunes or Stitcher Radio and never miss an episode! Subscribe in iTunesSubscribe in Stitcher Radio
If you have never heard this song before, you can listen to the official audio version on YouTube below.
Download the single or album by clicking the link below.