“I have it all under control.” That’s where I like to be…or at least feel. But my Father wants me to trust HIM; He wants me to trust that HE has it all under control. That is why He allows so much of my life to be “beyond me.” TobyMac’s song, “Beyond Me” leads us to Jeremiah 33 this week where we explore a group of people in desperate circumstances “beyond” their ability to even imagine a way out.
Let’s see what we can learn about God as we dig in to God’s Word.
On this episode I discuss:
- The thrill of knowing that God has plans for me that are “beyond me” – Isaiah 55:8
- The comfort of knowing that even though my circumstances may be “beyond me”, they are not beyond HIM
- The overwhelm I feel when I don’t have everything under control
- Jeremiah’s situation in Jeremiah 33 and the predicament of the people of God – Jeremiah 33 VOICE
- I consider how far “beyond me” God really is as found in Jeremiah 33:2
- How the people of God were taking pieces of their previous glory and way of life to build defenses to protect themselves – similar to a discussion we had in Episode 72 when we discussed Nichole Nordeman’s “The Unmaking”
- The word “nevertheless” and what comes after it that puts God’s nature on display as compared to our difficulties
- Being inspired to seek out a word that resonates and use it to jump into God’s Word…for yourself!
- An article on the story behind tobyMac’s song, “Beyond Me” and how it lead me to Jeremiah 33 – New Release Today Article
- How we must call on God as He commands in Jeremiah 33:3, ask Him and listen to what He has in store
- Reading in a different translation as a Bible Interaction Tool
- How we sometimes approach God’s Word for answers and what we get is God’s response…”I AM the answer!”
Subscribe to More Than a Song in iTunes or Stitcher Radio and never miss an episode! Subscribe in iTunesSubscribe in Stitcher Radio
If you have never heard this song before, you can watch the official lyric video on YouTube below.
Download the single or album by clicking the link below.