Relationships. Can’t live with them, can’t live without them. This week’s song, “Brother” by NeedToBreathe, leads us to discover some of the brother relationships in the Bible. Just like in the band, these relationships are not always smooth sailing. There is, however, a wonderful example of two “spiritual brothers” that is worth looking into.
I can’t wait to discover new things as we look at the friendship between Jonathan and David.
On this episode I discuss:
- The story behind the song “Brother” by NeedToBreathe – Tennessean Article
- The free resource I created to help you explore the topic of “brothers”
- The 5 elements of adventure and how I relate them to interacting with God’s Word – Source: MattWalker.com
- Meet Jonathon, son of King Saul – 1 Samuel 14
- Meet David, son of Jesse – 1 Samuel 16
- How alike David and Jonathan are
- The significance of the items Jonathan gave David in their covenant relationship – 1 Samuel 18:3-4
- What Jesus taught about spiritual brothers vs. biological brothers
Subscribe to More Than a Song in iTunes or Stitcher Radio and never miss an episode! Subscribe in iTunesSubscribe in Stitcher Radio
If you have never heard this song before, you can watch the official lyric video on YouTube below.
Download the single or album by clicking the link below.