In Psalm 62, King David describes how his two-faced enemies view him as a broken down wall or a toppling fence. You can just picture him teetering on the verge of destruction, but he teaches us to run to God, our fortress, where we won’t be shaken. This week’s song, “We Won’t Be Shaken” by Building 429 reiterates the same.
I pray you don’t delay! Run to your rock and salvation! Place your trust in God your fortress…in Him we will not be moved!
On this episode I discuss:
- How my friend thought of this song after spending time in Scripture
- Where Jesus tells Peter that He prayed for his faith to withstand the “violent shaking” the enemy was seeking to inflict on him – Luke 22:31-32
- The cross reference that led to Psalm 62:2
- We can take shelter in God so that we will not be shaken
- Bible interaction tools
- Study Bible commentary
- Cross references
- Reading in various translations
- Trusting in God and pouring your heart out to Him
- Our response to two-faced bullies who want to give us a good shove and topple us over like a leaning wall or fence – Psalm 62:3-8
- Using Psalm 62 to lead us to pray a powerful prayer
Subscribe to More Than a Song in iTunes or Stitcher Radio and never miss an episode! Subscribe in iTunesSubscribe in Stitcher Radio
If you have never heard this song before, you can watch the official music video on YouTube below.
Download the single or the entire album by clicking the links below
This Week’s Challenge
Read Psalm 62 in various versions and try one of the other Bible interaction tools we discussed on this episode. Chase down a few cross references or pick up your study Bible and read the commentary. Finally, take time to spend time in prayer adoring, confessing, thanking and requesting and use Scripture to help you “build” a powerful prayer. When you are in prayer this week, however, don’t forget to wait quietly before the Lord and listen, too!
Click Below to Listen to the Podcast Now!