I uncovered a special assignment given by God this week just by reading the context of a verse quoted in this week’s song by Chris Tomlin. “Jesus Messiah” is full of Scripture and leads us straight to God’s Word and to the heart of His task for us. Then the song leads us back to a heart of worship.
It’s going to be an adventure this week!
On this episode I discuss:
- The first lyric of the song comes straight from Scripture! – 2 Corinthians 5:21
- Rhythm and rhyme tuck Scripture deep into the recesses of your mind
- How we get distracted from the tasks at hand
- God’s task for us found in 2 Corinthians 5:15, 18-21
- The Greek word for reconciliation
- We are God’s ambassadors
- Article discussing the meaning of the statement “He BECAME sin” found in our song and verses this week
- Resource I created to assist in studying the Scriptures referenced by this week’s song (Click Here)
- Messiah means Anointed One
Subscribe to More Than a Song in iTunes or Stitcher Radio and never miss an episode! Subscribe in iTunesSubscribe in Stitcher Radio
If you have never heard this song before, you can watch the official lyric video on YouTube below.
Download the single or the entire album by clicking the links below
This Week’s Challenge
Click Below to Listen to the Podcast Now!