It’s time to do the work. If you want to run to the heart of God, you must start with His Word. This week’s song, “Soul on Fire” by Third Day, encourages us to run to the heart of God. As as we do every week through “More Than a Song”, we run straight to God’s Word as the starting line.
What moments in your life will you exchange to make time in God’s Word a priority?
On this episode I discuss:
- Third Day’s purpose behind the new album “Lead Us Back”
- A discussion on the heart of God
- How the version of God’s Word you are reading may lead you to distraction and discouragement
- Manna as a metaphor for God’s Word – Deuteronomy 8:3
- Another acrostic poem in Scripture using the Hebrew alphabet – Psalm 119
- Introduction to Psalm 119 from Charles Spurgeon’s “Treasury of David”
- How God’s Words consumed Jeremiah like a fire – Jeremiah 20:7-9
Subscribe to More Than a Song in iTunes or Stitcher Radio and never miss an episode! Subscribe in iTunesSubscribe in Stitcher Radio
If you have never heard this song before, you can watch the official lyric video on YouTube below.
Download the single or the entire album by clicking the links below
- CCM Magazine article on the purpose behind the album “Lead Us Back”
- Keith Ferrin’s podcast and blog post on which Bible translations he uses and why
This Week’s Challenge
Click Below to Listen to the Podcast Now!