Are you at a place in your life where you wish you could just have a do over? This week we will see the treacherous, discouraging captivity that the people of God had fallen prey to, but as our Scripture and this week’s song, “Day One” by Matthew West, teaches us, God’s mercies are new every morning.
Today is a new day…make it count!
On this week’s episode I discuss:
- Matthew West’s video on the story behind the song
- The Scripture inspiration behind the song – Lamentations 3:22-23
- His mercies are new every morning
- Background study on the Book of Lamentations
- Some of the tools I used in my background study that I share with you
- The study tool of reviewing chapter and section headlines to get an overview of what is happening
- Jerusalem’s sin and our sin – Lamentations 1:7-9
- Hope from the pit – Lamentations 3:55-57
- Recalling the truth of who God is brings hope – Lamentations 3:19-26
- God restores – Lamentations 5:21
Subscribe to More Than a Song in iTunes or Stitcher Radio and never miss an episode! [button href=”https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/more-than-a-song/id829432908?mt=2″ primary=”false” centered=”false”]Subscribe in iTunes[/button][button href=”http://app.stitcher.com/browse/feed/45801/details” primary=”false” centered=”false”]Subscribe in Stitcher Radio[/button]
If you have never heard this song before, you can watch the official lyric video on YouTube below.
- Get Day One here
- Story behind the song – You Tube Video with Matthew West
- Interesting parallel study comparing God’s instructions and warnings in Deuteronomy and what is reflected in Lamentations