We wait. We wait in grocery lines and at the bank. We wait for vacations and new jobs. We wait for opportunity, we wait for healing. We spend a good portion of our life in the in-between times, so what should we do with all that waiting? That is what this week’s song, “While I’m Waiting” by John Waller and our Scripture emphasis in Psalm 40 both talk about.
Perhaps God is developing something in you in the wait that will be necessary in the arrival.
On this week’s episode I discuss:
- The podcast episode with Michael Hyatt and Michele Cushatt that inspired me to choose the song
- Major Biblical figures forced to wait long periods of time before God brought them to a place of success
- How waiting does not just accompany faith, it is woven into the fabric of our faith because it is woven into the fabric of our lives
- David’s song of waiting – Psalm 40
- How David waited and God’s response – Psalm 40:1
- The hardest part of waiting
- How trouble and temptations can develop patience in us – James 1:2-4
- How God steadies us even on solid ground – Psalm 40:2
- Embracing the wait and learning what God has for us – Psalm 40:6
- A quote from Jeff Goins’ book, “The In-Between”
- Worshiping in the wait – Psalm 40:5
- Serving in the wait – Psalm 40:10
- The good that can come out of the wait – Psalm 40:3
- A reminder to TRUST GOD in the wait – Psalm 40:4
- There will always be seasons of wait – Psalm 40:13, 17
Subscribe to More Than a Song in iTunes or Stitcher Radio and never miss an episode! Subscribe in iTunesSubscribe in Stitcher Radio
If you have never heard this song before, you can watch the official music video with scenes from the movie “Fireproof” on YouTube below.
Download the single or the entire album by clicking the links below
- Behind the Song with Kevin Davis on New Release Tuesday
- Transcript of Michael Hyatt’s podcast episode on “Waiting”
- “What To Do While You’re Waiting” by Daniel Darling