Do you remember the last conversation you had with a loved one who is no longer with you? Well, Jesus’ words at the Last Supper were memorable and important enough to be carefully recorded by John and gives us our Scriptural challenge this week. “Evidence” by Citizen Way reminds me of Jesus’ new command to his disciples every time I hear it.
I hope you are as challenged by the words of Jesus during this last meal with His best friends as I am.
On this week’s episode I discuss:
- My goal to keep an eye out for references to “love” in my Bible Read Through this year
- Citizen Way’s YouTube video discussing the inspiration behind the song
- Citizen Way’s inspiration – 1 John 4:19
- Paul’s challenge to continue to love and to love even more – 1 Thessalonians 4:9-10
- The Bible interaction tool of lining your OWN life up with Scripture…this journey is your own
- Jesus’ new command to love – John 13:34
- The importance (and delight) of context
- Jesus’ promise that we will be filled with His joy – John 15:11-12
- It is a sin NOT to obey commands we know to do – James 4:5, 11, 17
- Love is the EVIDENCE of Jesus in our lives…this is the reason for Jesus’ new command – John 13:35
Subscribe to More Than a Song in iTunes or Stitcher Radio and never miss an episode! [button href=”https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/more-than-a-song/id829432908?mt=2″ primary=”false” centered=”false”]Subscribe in iTunes[/button][button href=”http://app.stitcher.com/browse/feed/45801/details” primary=”false” centered=”false”]Subscribe in Stitcher Radio[/button]
If you have never heard this song before, you can watch the official lyric video on YouTube below.
Download the single or the entire album by clicking the links below
- Citizen Way’s “Evidence – Behind the Music”
- Keith Moore’s Sermon The Love Command – Preferring Your Brother
- Radical Together – A Humbling Start to a New Year – David Platt
- The Bible Read Through I am participating in with Keith Ferrin