The wound is deep and beyond your control. You’re tempted to blame God, but then again, He is the only One you can turn to…He is the only One who truly KNOWS. This week’s song, “He Knows” by Jeremy Camp reflects this and leads us straight to Scripture and Hannah’s story in 1 Samuel chapter one.
I hope this story will draw you into God’s Word in a way that invigorates and comforts your soul.
On this week’s episode I discuss:
- Jeremy Camp’s YouTube video story behind the song
- Jesus’ compassion and sorrow in John 11:35
- The fact that Jesus understands us because He was human – Hebrews 4:15-16
- Boldly approaching the throne of grace like Hannah – 1 Samuel 1
- Reading God’s Word for longer periods of time
- Keith Ferrin’s Bible Read Through Challenge
- Christ as a sufferer and an example in 1 Peter 2:19, 21
- Our comforting memory verse found in Psalms 34:18
Subscribe to More Than a Song in iTunes or Stitcher Radio and never miss an episode! [button href=”https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/more-than-a-song/id829432908?mt=2″ primary=”false” centered=”false”]Subscribe in iTunes[/button][button href=”http://app.stitcher.com/browse/feed/45801/details” primary=”false” centered=”false”]Subscribe in Stitcher Radio[/button]
If you have never heard this song before, you can watch the official lyric video on YouTube below.
Download the single from Amazon – click below
This Week’s Challenge
Spend time in 1 Samuel this week. Familiarize yourself with Hannah’s story and prayer and maybe, just maybe, get lost in the story and keep on reading. Don’t be so analytical this week. Read and keep on reading to see big picture ideas that you miss when reading small sections at a time.
Click Below to Listen to the Podcast Now!