Happy New Year! Each new year brings with it an opportunity to set new goals and consider what your focus will be before life gets in the way. Kings Kaleidoscope has a song set to the tune of the traditional new year’s song “Auld Lang Syne.” Their song “All Glory Be To Christ” reminds us ultimately what each new year is about…Jesus.
The song leads us to Psalm 127 where we are reminded that we are nothing without the Lord.
In this episode I discuss:
- Taking a B.I.T.E. out of Scripture – this week’s Bible Interaction Tool Exercises include:
- Ask questions
- Make observations
- The 30 Day Music Challenge – ACCEPT THE CHALLENGE HERE
- The Rapid Bible Read Through that I do every year with my friend, Keith Ferrin – information about year’s read through can be found here RBRT2021
- The Psalms of Ascent – Got Questions Article
- Focusing more on the Architect than the house plans – Psalm 127:1
- The role of a watchman – Psalm 127:1
- Keeping in context the warning in verse 2 – Psalms 127:2
- Not separating the “in vain” section from the “family” section of Psalm 127
- Our duty to smooth and prepare our arrows (children) to be shot into the battle – Psalm 127:4
- How I don’t want to do anything this year in vain…with my family, ministry, or career
Check out the official music video of this week’s song below!
More Than a Song Playlist
Read Psalm 127 for yourself. While you do, make sure you don’t take each verse out of context…it is one song, after all. Ask questions, make observations, and fix your eyes on the Lord. Pray and ask Him to be the architect of your life this year. Determine in your heart to bring Him glory.