This week’s song, “You Carry Me” by Moriah Peters led me to two different metaphors describing how God carries us in Scripture. Pondering on HOW God carries us and truly taking the time to identify the seasons of our own lives WHEN God has carried us are what we’ll be talking about on the podcast this week.
When you invest in reflecting on the seasons of your life this week, you will be encouraged to see God’s hand in your history.
On this week’s episode I discuss:
- God carries us like a shepherd carrying lambs – Isaiah 40:11
- God carries us like an eagle – Deuteronomy 32:10-12
- How an eagle stirs her nest
- What we have to do to soar like eagles ourselves – Isaiah 40:27-31
- Looking back on every season
- Creating a timeline reflecting God’s faithfulness
- Believing that God will work ALL things together for good – Romans 8:28
Subscribe to More Than a Song in iTunes or Stitcher Radio and never miss an episode! Subscribe in iTunesSubscribe in Stitcher Radio
If you have never heard this song before, you can watch the official lyric video on YouTube below.
Download the single or the entire album from Amazon – click below
This Week’s Challenge
Do your own research to see other references of God carrying us. Or if the picture of the Shepherd really impacted you today, spend some time in Isaiah 40 and Psalm 23 and seek out other Shepherd references to begin to get perspective and understanding. If the picture of the Eagle really impacted you, spend some time in Deuteronomy 32 and ponder what these truths might mean in your current situation. At some point this week, you need to take te time and write out a timeline of the seasons in your life and determine how God’s hand was there carrying you. Write it down and then share it with someone!