Once we begin to understand the names of God, we can more fully understand WHO He is, because God’s character is reflected in His names. In Laura Story’s song, “I Can Just Be Me”, she helps us see that we struggle with roles GOD never intended for us to play. Knowing the roles He desires to play in our lives frees us up to only retain the roles He has for us.
Will you get lost with me in God’s Word today as we explore a few of His names?
On this episode I discuss:
- The weight of spiritual battles
- Filling our empty places with WHO God truly is
- God as Healer – Exodus 15:26
- Moses and Miriam’s song in Exodus 15
- God as Peace – 1 Thessalonians 5:23
- God as Comforter – John 14:26
- A reminder that this is not our home – Hebrews 13:14
- An endless list of names of God
- Quote from Staci Eldridge’s book “Becoming Myself”
- Quote from “Behind the Song with Kevin Davis” of New Release Tuesday
Subscribe to More Than a Song in iTunes or Stitcher Radio and never miss an episode! Subscribe in iTunesSubscribe in Stitcher Radio
If you have never heard this song before, you can watch the lyric video on YouTube below.
Download the single or the entire album from Amazon – click below
This Week’s Challenge
Take a more academic approach to interacting with God’s Word this week. Head over to BibleHub.com (or your favorite online resource) and search for Scriptures related to God being Comforter or Peace, or whatever name of God that means the most to you right now in your journey. Once you find a verse or two that includes that name, allow yourself to get lost in the context and stories surrounding the Scriptures you find.