The enemy is still up to the old tricks he played in the very beginning. God has done all He can to provide each of us a way back to the intimate relationship He designed for us to have with Him at the dawn of creation. This week, I use Colton Dixon’s song, “More of You”, to direct us to God’s original plan for us in Genesis as we tear down the kingdoms we have been building our whole lives and surrender them brick by brick to our Heavenly Father.
Will you join me in abandoning everything we so we can have more of Him?
On this episode I discuss:
- What it was like “in the beginning”
- Genesis 1:26-31
- In God’s perfect plan we are BLESSED and PROVIDED for
- The main prayer in this week’s song
- The cause of the fracture in God’s original plan for us
- Genesis 2:8-9, 15-17
- God’s abundance
- God’s simple boundary
- The consequences of breaking God’s simple boundary
- Genesis 3:1-6
- How satan distorts what God actually says
- The danger of adding to what God actually says
- Matthew 16:24-27
- How satan’s ways even show up in Jesus’ disciple, Peter in the New Testament
Subscribe to More Than a Song in iTunes or Stitcher Radio and never miss an episode! Subscribe in iTunesSubscribe in Stitcher Radio
If you have never heard this song before, you can watch the official music video on YouTube below.
Download the single or the entire album from Amazon – click below
This Week’s Challenge
Spend some time in Genesis chapters 1 through 3 (and beyond) this week. Take your time through a fairly familiar section of Scripture and see what jumps out at you. Then when it does, don’t just gloss over it. Spend some time pondering the details. Picture in your mind the colors, the smells, the details of creation. What must it have been like?
Don’t forget, this is just a jumping off point. If starting here leads you to something else, by all means, spend some time there. If you read Genesis 1-3 and want to keep going, please do! My goal for you is to create momentum that will result in daily interaction with God’s Word.