The Psalmist readily acknowledges that all of creation praises God. Humans are mentioned in just two verses that call on God’s heavenly and earthly creation to worship Him in Psalm 148. Hillsong United sings of this in their song “So Will I” when they lyrically recognize that our praise is not unique to humankind.
Join me as we consider the ramifications of our worship.
On this week’s episode I discuss:
- Taking a B.I.T.E. out of Scripture – this week’s Bible Interaction Tool Exercises include:
- Slow down
- Meditate on Scripture
- How the first verse of the song “So Will I” comes straight from Genesis 1:1-5
How we approach the Bible the way we approach a blog article or FB post…we skim
- Learning something insightful requires effort
- Picturing creation coming into existence and pondering its vastness
- Christ is the one who continues to hold all of creation together – Colossians 1:16
- The perfect Psalm to reflect this week’s song – Psalm 148
- The sun and moon and shining stars praise God by doing what they were created to do – Genesis 1:14-19
- We err when we equate worship with lyrics, music, and a band
- Just like all of creation we worship when we do what we were created to do – Genesis 1:26-28, Genesis 2:15
Subscribe/Follow More Than a Song and never miss an episode! [button href=”https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/more-than-a-song/id829432908?mt=2″ primary=”false” centered=”false”]Subscribe in iTunes[/button][button href=”http://app.stitcher.com/browse/feed/45801/details” primary=”false” centered=”false”]Subscribe in Stitcher Radio[/button][button href=”https://open.spotify.com/show/0gkDArs6fXJuKKjOXwtVtg” primary=”false” centered=”false” newwindow=”false”]Follow in Spotify[/button]
Enjoy the official music video below.
Listen to all the songs we’ve used on the podcast this year (and follow the playlist)…
- Lyrics and chords – WorshipTogether.com
- The story behind the song “So Will I” by Hillsong United – YouTube Video
- Spotify Link to “So Will I (100 Billion X)” by Hillsong United