You are not invisible.
You are known.
Tauren Well’s song “Known” sings about it and so does David in Psalm 139. When you let the truths of this Psalm sink into your being it will change you.
Join me this week as we break it all down.
On this week’s episode I discuss:
- Taking a B.I.T.E. out of Scripture – this week’s Bible Interaction Tool Exercises include:
- Read in context
- Complete a word study
- Meditate and ponder Scripture
- Ask questions
- Make observations
- Share with a friend
- Pray and ask God to help you understand
- Make a list
- God knows us – Jeremiah 12:3, John 10:27, 1 Corinthians 13:12
- Being fully known in the New Testament means “experiential knowing through direct relationship” – BibleHub.com Word Study
- It seems that it is possible to NOT be known by Christ in that “direct relationship” sort of way – Matthew 7:21-23
- God knows everything at all times – He is omniscient – Got Questions Article
- We are known when we are in direction relationship with Christ which comes
- by faith – Romans 10:17
- through repentance – Acts 3:9
- and results in following – John 10:27
- A poem by my friend Christina Hubbard over at Creativeandfree.com
- God searches us…not because He has forgotten or because there’s a detail He doesn’t yet know…but because He is active in His knowing of us – Psalm 139:1
- How God knows us – Psalm 139:1-6
- To what extent God knows us – Psalm 139:7-12
- Why He knows us – Psalm 139:13-18
- How David feels when He looks upon those who despise and dismiss God – Psalm 139:19-22
- Ending where we began…with a God who searches us – Psalm 139:23-24
Subscribe/Follow More Than a Song and never miss an episode! Subscribe in iTunesSubscribe in Stitcher RadioFollow in Spotify
Watch the official lyric video below.
- Lyrics – Air1