One of my favorite names of God is El Roi — the God who Sees. While God’s sight is perfect, it’s our spiritual eyes that need attention. We’re going to talk about seeing God in everything using TobyMac’s song “Everything” as our inspiration and Scripture as our teacher.
I pray that your eyes will be opened to recognize the magnificent in the midst of the mundane.
On this week’s episode I discuss:
- Taking a B.I.T.E. out of Scripture – this week’s Bible Interaction Tool Exercises include:
- Pray Scripture
- Slow Down
- Ask Questions
- Make Observations
- Journal Your Observations
- Pantheism – the definition and where we see it in our world today
- Omnipresence – the definition and where we see it in Scripture – Psalm 139:7-10
- My prayer for all of us, that God would open our eyes – Psalm 119:17-24
- How our worldview is how we view the world and the importance of a Biblical worldview
- How studying Scripture will change the way you think…if you’re born again – 1 Corinthians 2:14, John 3:3-8
- How God “richly provides us with everything for our enjoyment” – 1 Timothy 6:17
- How “everything created by God is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thanksgiving” – 1 Timothy 4:4
- Making observations in 1 Timothy 4:1-5
- Seeing God in everything that leads to worship of HIM not His created things – making everything holy through the Word and prayer – 1 Timothy 4:5
Subscribe/Follow More Than a Song and never miss an episode! Subscribe in iTunesSubscribe in Stitcher RadioFollow in Spotify
Watch the official music video below.
- Sermon by John Piper – “What God Made Is Good — And Must Be Sanctified: C.S. Lewis and St. Paul on the Use of Creation”