I’ve always wondered how anyone who personally experienced the miracle of Jesus raising Lazarus from the dead could just turn and live their lives as always — some actually allowing it to fuel their hate and rejection of Jesus as the Messiah. How could they witness such immense power and not be changed? Chris Tomlin’s song “Resurrection Power” reminds us that believers have this power living on the inside.
Paul prays for a significant gift for the Ephesians that we need from God as well. Join me in investigating this prayer.
On this week’s episode I discuss:
- Taking a B.I.T.E. out of Scripture – this week’s Bible Interaction Tool Exercises include:
- Read in context
- Read and keep on reading
- Listen to an audio version of Scripture
- Make a list
- Consult a variety of translations
- Complete a word study
- Our focus area of Scripture – Ephesians 1:15-23
- Asking, “For what reason?”
- Paul’s prayer for the Ephesians
- The results of the gift Paul is praying for
- Being “in the knowledge of Him”
- The Greek word for “know” – BibleHub.com
- Investigating what the “immeasurably great” power of God can do
- Exploring the characteristics of resurrection power
- Exploring the characteristics of identity establishing power
- How we benefit from the same results of this immeasurably great power – Ephesians 2:4-7
Subscribe/Follow More Than a Song and never miss an episode! [button href=”https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/more-than-a-song/id829432908?mt=2″ primary=”false” centered=”false”]Subscribe in iTunes[/button][button href=”http://app.stitcher.com/browse/feed/45801/details” primary=”false” centered=”false”]Subscribe in Stitcher Radio[/button][button href=”https://open.spotify.com/show/0gkDArs6fXJuKKjOXwtVtg” primary=”false” centered=”false” newwindow=”false”]Follow in Spotify[/button]
If you have never heard the song before, you can watch the official lyric video below.
- Story Behind the Song “Resurrection Power” by Chris Tomlin – YouTube Video
- Chords and Lyrics – WorshipTogether