My daughter is in driver’s education this week, and after riding with her a few times I can confirm…you steer where you stare. As you become a more seasoned driver you may be able to take your eyes off of the road and not immediately swerve, but you cannot stay straight without fixing your eyes on the path ahead. Scripture confirms this, and King’s Kaleidoscope’s song “Fix Your Eyes” helps up meditate on this truth.
Let’s fix our eyes this week on what Scripture has to teach us about our faith and more.
On this week’s episode I discuss:
- Taking a B.I.T.E. out of Scripture – this week’s Bible Interaction Tool Exercises include:
- Complete a word study
- Read in context
- Use different translations
- How I originally wanted to put word-for-word Scripture to song and how others do it better – Music and resources at seedsfamilyworship.com
God’s Word is Truth. Don’t let Christian music be a substitute for God’s Word.
- Using song as a form of meditation – Psalm 119:15
- The Hebrew word translated “meditation” – Word Study on BibleHub
- Our Scripture focus areas – Hebrews 12:1-4, 2 Corinthians 4:17-18, Psalm 119:1-8
- Meditating on
- Fixing my eyes
- Jesus as the founder and finisher of my faith
- The phrase in the lyrics…”the solace in your suffering is my strength”
Subscribe/Follow More Than a Song and never miss an episode! Subscribe in iTunesSubscribe in Stitcher RadioFollow in Spotify
If you have never heard this song before, you can watch the acoustic version on YouTube below.
This Week’s Challenge
Click Below to Listen to the Podcast Now!