We all want the miracle, but are we willing to do our part? Are we willing to seek Him? Are we willing to walk in God’s ways? Hawk Nelson reminds us that God is in the miracle business through their song “He Still Does.” King Jehoshaphat and the people of Judah experienced an amazing miracle one morning in the desert.
The Lord was with King Jehoshaphat — join me as we explore why.
On this week’s episode I discuss:
- Taking a B.I.T.E. out of Scripture – this week’s Bible Interaction Tool Exercises include:
- Read in context
- Refer to an outline
- Consult a map
- Write out Scripture
- Make a list
- Share with a friend
- How the big picture of Chronicles points to the central role of worship and the importance of the temple and ultimately to Jesus
- Making a list of the characteristics of Jehoshaphat – 2 Chronicles 17:3-6
- Focusing in on why the “Lord was with” Jehoshaphat
- That the benefits and miracles of God are a result of our seeking and following Him
- The promise made to Jehoshaphat’s father, Asa – 2 Chronicles 15:2
- How the Lord isn’t going to follow our agenda, but He will be with us when we are with Him
- An outline of Jehoshaphat’s reign
- The miracle defeat in 2 Chronicles 20
- The map I consulted as I studied this account – Bible-History.com
- The three verbs used to describe how Jehoshaphat responded to an impending attack
- How the answer from God came through a Levite – 2 Chronicles 20:15-17
- How the worship team led the way toward God’s miracle – 2 Chronicles 20:22-25
Subscribe/Follow More Than a Song and never miss an episode! Subscribe in iTunesSubscribe in Stitcher RadioFollow in Spotify
If you have never heard this song before, you can watch the official lyric video on YouTube below.