God is our shelter — a safe place — an intimate, secret hiding place. He longs for us to dwell with Him there, not just use Him as a lean-to when the rain storm catches us off guard. Carrollton’s song “Shelter” sings of God’s faithfulness and guides us to discover some amazing characteristics of our Most High God.
Will you join me in abiding as a shelter dweller? Learn more as we dive into Psalm 91.
On this episode I discuss:
- Taking a B.I.T.E. out of Scripture – this week’s Bible Interaction Tool Exercises include:
- Make a list
- Complete a word study
- Exploring the characteristics, names, and titles of God in Psalm 91:1-2
- The story behind the song “Shelter” by Carrollton – New Release Today Article
- Replacing a “what’s in it for me” mentality with a “what can I learn about God” mentality
- Discovering eight characteristics of God in two verses and then meditating on them
- Making it a part of the rhythm of your life to meditate on the Father
- Exploring the Hebrew word for “shelter” – BibleHub.com
- How not all believers are shelter dwellers
- Warning: Don’t misuse this Scripture the way Satan did in Matthew 4
- How God sort of buried the lead in Psalm 91:14-16
Subscribe/Follow More Than a Song and never miss an episode! [button href=”https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/more-than-a-song/id829432908?mt=2″ primary=”false” centered=”false”]Subscribe in iTunes[/button][button href=”http://app.stitcher.com/browse/feed/45801/details” primary=”false” centered=”false”]Subscribe in Stitcher Radio[/button][button href=”https://open.spotify.com/show/0gkDArs6fXJuKKjOXwtVtg” primary=”false” centered=”false” newwindow=”false”]Follow in Spotify[/button]
If you have never heard this song before, you can watch the official lyric video on YouTube below.