As a child, my grandfather used to talk with me about Jesus coming back on His cloud. While it seemed so magical as a child, as I grew in my faith I realized it wasn’t a fairy tale, it was a promise. Big Daddy Weave’s song, “The Lion and the Lamb” speaks of Jesus coming on the clouds, too.
Photo Credit:Idella Maeland
While there is a lot of mystery around the return of Christ, the Bible does reveal SOME things. Let’s explore them together.
On this episode I discuss:
- Taking a B.I.T.E. out of Scripture – this week’s Bible Interaction Tool Exercises include:
- Study a topic
- Remember the people in the Bible were real
- Read in context
- Record your observations
- Make a list
- The verses where Jesus is referred to as the Lion and the Lamb – Revelation 5:5-6
- How this topic was personal because it reminded me of discussions with my grandfather
- The story of Jesus leaving earth on a cloud – Acts 1:1-11
- Observing what happened in Acts 1 and considering the probable reactions of the apostles
- Remembering that Jesus said he would be coming on the clouds back in Matthew 24
- Making a list of all that Jesus predicts in Matthew 24
- Meredith’s bucket list
- Paul’s words of encouragement to believers as it relates to Jesus coming back on the clouds – 1 Thessalonians 4:15-18
- Keep reading in 1 Thessalonians to get an idea of what we are to do with that information – 1 Thessalonians 5:1-6
Don’t be surprised. Be ready. Wake up! Be sober…vigilant…have the presence of mind to not be taken for surprise. Jesus is coming again on His cloud!
Subscribe/Follow More Than a Song and never miss an episode! Subscribe in iTunesSubscribe in Stitcher RadioFollow in Spotify
If you have never heard this song before, you can watch the official lyric video on YouTube below.